Are there any beliefs that Christians share with people of other religions? How does God want us to treat and relate to people of other faiths?
You can listen to the original audio of ‘What About Other Religions?’ here:
Midweek Q & A
When speaking about other religions we invited questions via SMS. We recorded a response to this question here:
- What about the decline of Christianity in Australia? What does that mean?
- Do you think it is stubborn to go into a conversation presuming that Christianity is true and other religions are false?
- Can you consider a response to what happens to those who haven’t heard of Christ? I ask this based on your reference to 1 John where the link is made to the Son and life and not having the Son and not having life.
- Seventh Day Adventists…in or out?
- Catholics…in or out?
- I see a Muslim man as my neighbour and would be a friend for him as I would anyone else. But should there be some boundaries I don’t cross? I’d help him paint his house but should I help him paint his mosque? I’d help him create a website but what if it was to be used to promote Islam? What are some principles that can guide me in establishing boundaries with people from other religions?
Follow this link for some more census statistics on other religions.
The Lakes Church’s ‘What We Believe’ list of essentials can be found here.
Here is a short article on the difference between Christianity and other religions.
Here is a longer article on the difference between Christianity and other religions.
This is a great book about the major claims of Christianity: Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias.